13 steps to recruitment heaven
Recruitment can be an expensive time for a business but it can be even more expensive and time-consuming if you get it wrong. Having the right process in place can help ensure that there's minimal cost to your business when you need to take someone on.
In order to recruit successfully, you need a simple process that you can repeat over and over again as you grow your team. You need a step by step approach to understanding and documenting what and who you need, where to find suitable people, how to evaluate them and their skills and experience against what you need them to be able to do, and how to check whether or not they are the right person for the job.
Get our help with the following steps:
- Job analysis - an opportunity to really look at your business needs and understand why you need to recruit
- Job description - describe the job in detail and explain the key responsibilities
- Person specification - not just a list of skills needed. The person specification also covers attitude and character
- Advertising - where, when and how to advertise your vacancies to attract the most suitable applicants
- Working with recruitment agencies - how to get the best out of your working relationship with agencies
- CVs and application forms - decide which one is best for you and your business
- Shortlisting for interview - make sure your time isn't wasted through interviewing the wrong people
- Interview skills, techniques and appropriate questions - we can talk you through the questions you can and can't ask according to UK discrimination laws. We can even do the interviews with you if you want and help you with giving feedback afterwards.
- Psychometric assessments - decide if you need them and which ones to use to help your decision-making process
- Pre-employment health questionnaires - understand when it's appropriate to use a health questionnaire and when it may contravene the discrimination laws of the Equality Act 2010
- Proof of the right to work in the UK - how to simply and easily check that your new employee is legally entitled to work in the UK before you take them on
- Checking references - references can be worth their weight in gold so you simply must check them before you employ someone
- Offer letters and employment contracts - what to say and how to say it when offering the job
Every step in your recruitment process is simple yet crucial so let us help you get it right.